2014 River Camps Reunion Feedback

Hi All,

Please use this forum to post your feedback on the reunion.  Every opinion matters, including those that didn't join us on this awesome weekend.  What's was good, what was bad, what was your favorite, and what could you do without?  Most importantly, what do you think will get more of our old camp buddies to join the fun!

For those of you that didn't join us, let us know what you feel was missing that would prevent you from joining us in the future.

The best time to start planning for the next reunion is right after the last one, while the things that worked and didn't work are still clear in your memories.  Don't hesitate.  Let us know what you think!

You need to be a member of campmillerhagan3 to add comments!

Join campmillerhagan3

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I just bought the Promo Camp's DVD's from Rich for $20 and they were great!!  Good job Rich!  Saw myself  twice in the video's, which were taken in 1956, my first year at Miller. Other scenes were taken in 1961.   I talked about the great summers I had at Camp Miller, with my family, and now I can show them all of the fun things we did at camp. I was very disappointed that we did not get a picture of Tom (Semper Fi) Schieb sinking the water ski boat with an oar!! I would highly recommened that everyone buy a set to show your kids and grandkids! The proceeds from the DVD's will also pay for the upkeep of the web site and other out of pocket expenses that Rich has so kindly absorbed. Thanks again Rich for capturing such fond memories!  r, Bob

• Rich, I have the 2011 Miller reunion e-mail list if you want to send out the info about the Promotional Video. It may be costly to have it copied to DVD. The more orders you have will certainly cut your costs and make it more affordable for everyone wanting a copy. Just a thought IF you don't have the e-mail list already. Glad that everyone had a great time and sorry that I could not make it. I would have liked that ratio of Hagan to Miller attendees at the dances!!  LOL!!  r, Bob

• Had a wonderful time at the 2014 Hagan/Miller/Mini reunion! Thanks for all the hard work and planning that went into making this reunion so successful. Count me in for future gatherings!

Bonnie Steinhauer Boettjer

1955-1963

• Carol Feltman Wheeler said:

The photos look great, and it is wonderful to recognize old friends. Can't think of a single thing that could be "missing", thanks for all the hard work done by the organizers. The timing just didn't work for me this summer, traveling from VT. Friday was my last day of the school year, followed by meetings back at school today to finish up. So sorry to miss the chance to reconnect with life on the river. 

Hi Carol,  we missed you, but understand.  Will the timeframe that we had for the reunion this year typically be a problem based on your school year?  I'm thinking perhaps 2016 for the next go around.

• Bob Edge said:

I was sorry that I missed the reunion.  I live in Fla and attended the Miller Reunion of 2011. Spent 3 great days with over 75  Miller friends that I haven't seen in 45 years. If I lived in the Phila area I would have attended. If there is a 2015/2016 reunion I will certainly attend. The canoe trip looked great!  Nice weather for the reunion. Looking fwd to seeing the pictures and hearing about the reunion. I wish I could have seen the old promotional films of the camps. If they are for sale I would love to buy a copy. Who knows I may be in one of them :) Take care everyone and thanks Big John for pulling this together!!  r, Bob Edge

Thanks Bob, we missed you.  I think the tentative plan is to look toward 2016 for the next get together.  I am working on making copies of the DVD's for sale.  I just need to get cost estimates and then we should be able to make them available.

• Rich "Big John" James said:

Edwin F George said:

My wife, a guest, was a little bored by the 90 minute movie. Her camping experiences were elsewhere.  I was surprised by how few guests attended. I camped in 1943, 44 and 45 and movies back then were limited to a few seconds per shot.  I would like to see more pre-flood movies and pictures if they can be found. Consider this a plea to the old timers to offer what ever they have. Although all my experiences were not the best because of the war I enjoyed the reunion. How nice that those that planned the re-union care to do so much work for the enjoyment of others.  It might be interesting if the years attended were on the name tag.  How about a few gifts for those that came the greatest distance, camped the most years, attended the most reunions or what ever. Where were all the men?

Hi Edwin,  Hoping to get more of the Miller men on board for the next go-around.  Here are some older pictures you might enjoy.  https://campmillerhagan.ning.com/photo/albums/camp-miller-1940s

• Edwin F George said:

My wife, a guest, was a little bored by the 90 minute movie. Her camping experiences were elsewhere.  I was surprised by how few guests attended. I camped in 1943, 44 and 45 and movies back then were limited to a few seconds per shot.  I would like to see more pre-flood movies and pictures if they can be found. Consider this a plea to the old timers to offer what ever they have. Although all my experiences were not the best because of the war I enjoyed the reunion. How nice that those that planned the re-union care to do so much work for the enjoyment of others.  It might be interesting if the years attended were on the name tag.  How about a few gifts for those that came the greatest distance, camped the most years, attended the most reunions or what ever. Where were all the men?

Hi George,  Hoping to get more of the Miller men on board for the next go-around.  Here are some older pictures you might enjoy.  https://campmillerhagan.ning.com/photo/albums/camp-miller-1940s

• Rich, it was great to finally meet you and all the other wonderful people from Hagan and Miller.  Only thing that could have been better is more folks attending.  But, we talked about that in several ways to contact folks for the next reunion.  

I want to take this opportunity to says "thanks" to you and Susan Maxwell, my Haverford and Trinity buddy, and Barbara and anyone else that helped organize and put on the event.  Great events and organization.   I think it was great and look forward to more. Maybe try to put on a golf tournament next time?   I'll add some pictures when I've caught up with the grass mowing, etc.

• The photos look great, and it is wonderful to recognize old friends. Can't think of a single thing that could be "missing", thanks for all the hard work done by the organizers. The timing just didn't work for me this summer, traveling from VT. Friday was my last day of the school year, followed by meetings back at school today to finish up. So sorry to miss the chance to reconnect with life on the river. 

• I was sorry that I missed the reunion.  I live in Fla and attended the Miller Reunion of 2011. Spent 3 great days with over 75  Miller friends that I haven't seen in 45 years. If I lived in the Phila area I would have attended. If there is a 2015/2016 reunion I will certainly attend. The canoe trip looked great!  Nice weather for the reunion. Looking fwd to seeing the pictures and hearing about the reunion. I wish I could have seen the old promotional films of the camps. If they are for sale I would love to buy a copy. Who knows I may be in one of them :) Take care everyone and thanks Big John for pulling this together!!  r, Bob Edge

This reply was deleted.